Monday, December 31, 2012

One More Night

"I cross my heart and I hope to die that I'll only stay with you one more night..."

No, there's no Maroon 5 fan here. But that is a song that I can't stop humming. It gets stuck in my head so easily... it's that one song I hate but can't stop dancing to.

Wow, what a great way to start a blog post. Already off-topic at 12:00 a.m. Maybe that's why. I should be going to bed soon, you know, after that manuscript I didn't finish, that Language Arts paper I never started, and yeah, that song I never finished writing. And all the Chinese I barely studied. And all the places I didn't go to. And all the workouts I didn't do. Such a long day.

So, there is only one night left of 2012. Thank God. I think it is safe to say that... well... I don't know about you, but as for me...

This was the stupidest year and a waste of 366 days. This was seriously my worst year... ever. And believe me, I've had some bad years. I mean, 2009... wow! And 1998 sucked because of the one main event that happened... just kidding, I love my life and it is wonderful. But this year I have met more annoying, dumb people than ever before. EVER before. And I was letting the idiots get to me... not that they were being mean to me personally, just that I was starting to want to cut their heads off and burn them at the stake and leave the remains for the vultures. But I'm not like that anymore, I talked some sense into myself. You're gonna meet people that you don't like, and you gotta cooperate with them. Maybe they'll figure out how stupid they are and suddenly become likable. Or you'll learn to like them. I don't know.

So, 2013 will be the year I do things right. I probably will also say this about 2014. And 2015. And 2016. And so on. But in the moment, it feels right to make a resolution that I probably will not live up to.

  1. Get better grades. I realized that I am one of those students who has to study two weeks in advance, non-stop, to get a good grade. So as you'd imagine I hate pop quizzes. I just about always fail them. So, in order to change that, I am going to study non-stop. I WILL get into National Honors Society and I WILL graduate in the top 75% of my class (there's like, fifty people) so I can get into the colleges of my choice and go on to collegiate cheerleading.
  2. Start sending work to publishers. This will be the year that I get crap done. I have to start sending work to people if I want to be published by senior year. I said to myself, if all else fails, publish a book. It will save my college applications (and so will my ability to write good essays). I need rejection time, because there is no good writer who hasn't gone through at least a year of rejection letters.
  3. Get out there. Guys, you realize that outside of school and church I really do nothing with my time. Sleeping is my hobby. I am also a night owl who has 32 minutes left of battery power at 1:01 a.m. So I will try to not be as tired everyday so I can be more involved in life. Social activities, sports, worship team, etc.

So, these are my top three things I am very likely not to do. How 'bout you?

谢谢 and 再见!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.