Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Autumn Playlist

I'm sick and I have nothing better to do than type. Like, really. I'm pulling an all-nighter for writing because I know it'll be my last one for a long, long time. Just to show how much I love you guys. My small but faithful readers.

I've been listening to a lot of music lately and just finsished writing and composing a song. It's called "Forever is Never." I don't know why I picked that title. It's about God's everlasting love and how it never changes, ends, fails ("Yesterday/You are the same/Even if forever is/Never/You'll never leave/And forever/You are my own for eternity/You're here with me"). It's about taking your chances now ("I know/Tomorrow isn't a certainty") and not waiting. It isn't like Radiohead, Taylor Swift, Athlete, or Edens Edge. But it's a start.

So, wanna know what's on my iPod an dYouTube at the moment?

  1. "Superhuman Touch" by Athlete. It's like, pop. It's like, rock. It's the closest to mainstream indie music can get. So, if you generally listen to mainstream but want to try out indie music, this is a start.
  2. "With You I Never Lose" by Athlete. "I'm not letting go just yet. But everything is telling me to...With you, I never lose. With you, I never lose. Oh oh oh. With you, I never lose. With you, I never lose..."
  3. "Lay Your Head" by Athlete. People don't even notice how often I recite the lyrics to this song. At twenty-five to ten a.m., I'm in math class. So whenever it's 9:35, and someone asks me what time it is, I'm like, "Twenty-five to ten... another day begins..." This is also what I sing to myself when I'm not really done with my homework but I've worked too hard already and need to just take the F in replace for some sleep.
  4. "Fresh Pair of Eyes" by Brooke Waggoner. Go to Rainymood.Com and you've got a romantic, sad evening alone.
  5. "Desire" by Deas Vail. I've always loved this song (I pre-ordered the album it was on months and months in advance). The harmonies are killing it, so imagine how hard it was for me to cover it solo. "I don't know what love is... Don't wanna be afraid... the truth is that I don't know to be honest... Come back the way You came..."
  6. "Do You Hear What I hear?" by Deas Vail. Yes, I'm listening to Christmas music. So what? These guys make me wanna hear it all year long.
  7. "Undone" by FFH. It's not bubblegum K-LOVE music, that's why I love this song. "No spoonful of sugar could make it sweet. The cancer inside, stealing my sleep. Night after night it keeps haunting me. The secrets I keep are tearing me up inside, I try to hide them and I wonder why... I wonder why I'm still running when I know there's no escaping."
  8. "Missing" by For KING & COUNTRY. Australia's response to Coldplay.
  9. "Crave" by For KING & COUNTRY. Such an awkward song for me... "Hope sleeps without me. Her sweet dreams surround me..." I know it wasn't meant in that way, but still...
  10. I'm still jamming to "Over My Head" by the Fray. Don't even worry about it.
  11. "Follow Your Heart" by The Good Mad. "Follow, follow, follow your hea-a-art... set the lights just how you want to, write the lines but know they'll find you..." This song has some killer percussion, violin, bass and guitar leads. The Good Mad has saved country music. And the person playing killer violin an dfemale vocals? She plays Laurel Mercer in "The Lying Game." Favorite show, favorite band, alright.
  12. "Wait" by Group1Crew. "HEY!"
  13. "The Fighter" by the Gym Class Heroes. Huge profanity warning.
  14. "Happily Ever After" by He Is We. "Oh, happily ever after. Wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know? Oh, skip to the ending. Who'd like to know? I'd like to know! Author of the moment, can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?"
  15. "Echo" by Jason Walker. "I just wanna feel alive and get to see your face again."
  16. "Moving Mountains" by Jeff Deyo. This guy is gonna be at the Ohio Youth Convention this year, along with almost-mainstream band Anthem Lights (a kid from my church actually went on to be apart of that band--- specifically, Joey. Joey Stamper, the piano guy).
  17. "We Are" by Kari Jobe. I just really love this...
  18. "Love Came Down" by Kari Jobe. "When my heart is filled with hope, every promise comes my way... staying desperate for You, God, staying humbled..."
  19. "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry. Do. not. laugh. 'Tis the only Katy Perry song I like.
  20. "Wonderwall" by Landon Austin and Chad Sugg. "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now."
  21. "Begin Again" by Measure. "You're no calendar, you're no concrete plan."
  22. "I am the Doctor" by Murray Gold. So tired... I can't do this anymore... I cna't breathe...
  23. "Alive (Mary Magdalene)" by Natalie Grant. "Who could speak an dsend the demons back from where they came with just one Name?"
  24. "Home" by Phillip Phillips. I think just about every American and beyond knows this song. "I'm gonna make this place your home. ho-o-o-o-o-o-ome. ho-o-o-o-ome..."
  25. "Shake Shake Shake" by Bronze Radio Return. Makes me think of the BBC show "Copper." Long live British shows that are set in New York and indie music...
  26. "As Long as You Love Me" covered by Landon Austin and Alex Goot. I know, I know. I'm pretty much obligated to like Anthem Lights' version. But this one is amazing.
  27. "Wizards" by Chad Sugg. "It's love, I know 'cause I can tell..."
  28. "Last Supper" by Edens Edge. "Look at the couple in the corner booth. Looks a lot like me and you."
  29. "Amen" by Edens Edge. This song is pure beauty--- someone give me an amen! "Can I get a 'Thank God hallelujah?'"
  30. "Too Good to be True." Edens Edge. I first heard this and was like, "oh oh oh, Oh my my!"
  31. "Finally the Truth" by Wesley Blaylock of Deas Vail and Hannah Blaylock of Edens Edge.
  32. "Shake Shake" by Chad Sugg.
  33. "My Oldest Friend" by Andrew Belle. Such beauty and sadness and pain in this song.
  34. "Ride" by Cary Brothers. Excuu me, sir. Who is playing guitar in this???!!!!
  35. "Breathe" by He Is We. "You know, I fake it oh so well..."
  36. "Say When" by the Fray. I somehow imagine one of my guy friends singing this--- Isaac's voice goes well with my friend's. It's kinda creepy.
  37. "Wires" by Athlete.
  38. "Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine.
  39. "Get Up" by Barcelona. This song keeps me going on...
  40. "Goodbye With Hello" by Megan and Liz. "Oh, but baby this is where I lied..."
  41. "Bottle Rocket" by Chad Sugg.
  42. "Feels so Real" by Edens Edge.
  43. "Barricade" by Maddi Jane. Yes, it's pop. But whatevs.
  44. "My Heart is Broken" by Evanescence.
Woo, that's it and it is 1:18a.m. Bedtime for this sick kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.