Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Back-to-School Playlist


  1. "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift. I cannot believe I actually like this song. I'm not a fan of Tay-Tay, but this song grew on me. "'Cause the players gonna play play play play play and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate baby I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake." Gosh dang it, it's just so darn catchy!
  2. "When You Believe" from The Prince of Egypt. I'm going to need this song to get through precalculus this year. And sociology. And chemistry. And econ. And probably Mandarin. I basically mentioned almost all of my classes. "Many nights we've prayed with no proof anyone could hear. In our heart's a hopeful song we barely understood. Now we are not afraid although we know there's much to fear. We were moving mountains long before we knew we could."
  3. "Everything Else" from Next to Normal. This song totally describes how music feels to me, and my dreams, and... ugh. I just wanna play Natalie so badly! "You play 'til it's perfect, you play 'til you ache, you play 'til the strings or your fingernails break, so you'll rock that recital and get into Yale... 'cause you've got your full-ride and your early admit, so you're done with this school... and you graduate early, you're gone as of May... and you know that it's just a sonata away and you play... and everything else goes away."
  4. "Hanabi" by Ikimono-Gakari. I think I've already expressed my love for this song, but dang. Like, I just really love it. It's just so beautiful. It's not even a sad song, but my eyes always water when I hear it. It's low key inspiring.
  5. "Through Heaven's Eyes" from The Prince of Egypt. Whenever I feel stressed out, this song calms me down, if only for three minutes. "So how can you see what your life is worth or where your value lies? You can never see through the eyes of man. You must look at your life. Look at your life through heaven's eyes... though you never know all the steps, you must learn to join the dance."
  6. "花 (Hana)" (which means "Flower") by ORANGE RANGE. I prefer Goose House's cover, but this song is still like, amazing.
  7. "Crazy in Love" covered by Emeli Sande. Don't get me wrong, Beyonce is pretty perfect, but I love the jazzy spin Emeli puts on it. Don't worry, Bey-- your version will play at my wedding reception.
  8. "Body Rock" by Mamoru Miyano. Oh yeah, I blogged about this one, too. The ultimate study song. Or Friday song.
  9. "February Air - Acoustic Version" by LIGHTS. I can't wait to learn this song on guitar (after I'm done perfecting "Hanabi"). It's just a pretty song to listen to in the afternoon.
  10. "New At This" by Megan and Liz. "I've got a lot of life to live, don't treat me like a little kid, I'm just a little new at this."
  11. "Next to Me" by Emeli Sande. This is another song that helps me work faster. 
  12. "My Pace" by SunSet Swish. "All FAAAAIIIILLLLSSSSS!!!" His voice though.
  13. "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog. "This whole town can slow you down, people takin' the easy way. But I know exactly where I'm going, and I'm getting closer and closer every day! I'm almost there! ...People down here think I'm crazy, but I don't care!"
  14. "Daisy" by Stereo Dive Foundation. This song is perfect to drive home to. Heck, this song is why I never say goodbye! (Itsudatte sou se)
  15. "Theme to Lizzie McGuire" by Angie Jaree. "Sometimes we make it, sometimes we fake it. But we get one step closer each and every day. We'll figure it out on the way."
  16. "September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire. Yes, I've been waiting for September just so I can sing this song. And eat pumpkin spice cupcakes.
  17. "Just Another Day" from Next to Normal. In case you need something to get ready to in the morning.
  18. "Dancing Through Life" from Wicked. "The trouble with schools is, they always try to teach the wrong lesson. Believe me, I've been kicked out of enough of them to know... Life's more painless for the brainless... nothing matters when knowing nothing matters. It's just life, so keep dancing through!"
  19. "Go the Distance (Single)" by Michael Bolton. "A thousand years would be worth the wait. It may take a lifetime, but somehow I'll see it through!"
  20. "Chai Tea Latte" by Angel Taylor. "People might compliment our chocolate and vanilla skin... you've blown my mind in two hour's time, and I'm so weak and unable to picture you with someone other than me. But I guess I have to, 'cause you haven't asked me out on a date to get some chai tea latte..." Does that stuff even taste good? Might have to try it...
  21. "Up We Go" by LIGHTS. Is there an instrumental version available? Because the instruments are the main thing this song has going for it.
  22. "Shake it Out" by Florence + The Machine. "I can never leave the past behind. I can see no way..."
  23. "All I Need to Be" by Fireflight. "Tell me again that I am strong..."
  24. "Ain't it Fun" by Paramore. The perfect song for starting freshman year, be it high school or college. "Where you're from, you might be the one who's running things... so what are you gonna do when the world don't open up around you? What are you gonna do when nobody wants to fool with you?"
  25. "Scramble" by Yui Horie. "Guruguru mawaru!"
Well, time to update your playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.