Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Favorite Beauty Products

I know, I know. It's been a while. I plan on posting more soon, but for now, here is a little post... gosh, I'm painfully bad at introductions. Let's skip to the good part.

1. Olive oil



As a black woman, my hair needs more oil to keep from drying out. Also, I am trying to grow out a pixie cut into a bob. My goal is for my hair to reach the top of my shoulders. Also, olive oil is a great way to protect your hair when heat styling, no matter what racial group you belong to. TIP: Instead of using a mousse (which generally dries out hair with alcohol), use this as a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair.

2. L'oreal True Match



I only use the powder and concealer, but LET ME TELL YOU. This stuff is like magic. Without concealer, I look like Levi from Attack on Titan. If you don't know who he is, he has bad under eye circles. But this is like portable Photoshop. The only con is that people can tell you're wearing makeup, because it covers every freaking blemish. Gosh, I love this stuff. TIP: Put the concealer on first. It's okay if your concealer is slightly lighter than your foundation-- that's actually a good thing. It will highlight your cheekbones and add an overall glow.

3. COVERGIRL Exact Eyelights



The compact above is meant for women with brown/hazel eyes. Exact Eyelights has different compacts based on your eye color, and let me tell you about this. It's perfect. Going to a wedding? Wear these colors. Going to an interview? Wear these colors. Perfect for a daytime look. And it brings out your eyes! What's better than that? TIP: Put this on after your foundation and before you apply powder.

4. REVLON Nearly Naked



This stuff is amazing, too. Sometimes, when I'm in more of a rush (or I just don't care... well, almost don't care, else I wouldn't wear makeup at all), I skip all the previous steps and put this on by itself. It's a light covering, and looks very natural by itself. If you have freckles, they'll still be visible. Hence the title, it's basically as close as it gets to not having any makeup on at all. TIP: Put this on after applying eye shadow, to cover up any stray specks of eye shadow underneath the eyes.

5. Hair, Skin & Nails (Spring Valley)



I just started on these a few weeks ago, but I've noticed some results. I've had some weird dreams lately, but there's no way of proving these vitamins are the cause. Besides, my hair has been growing quite a bit since I started using them. My nails are stronger. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin since I've started, but it was already pretty healthy. The only con? You have to take these three times a day. TIP: Always, always take with a meal.

6. Neutrogena Acne Wash



Annoying YouTube commercials that you're not allowed to skip aside, this stuff is amazing. Well, for me, at least. I have friends who used the product in the past and said it worked okay, but it was mediocre. It doesn't work for everyone, but for me, it works wonders. Now, if only I washed my face regularly...

7. Nair moisturizing face cream



Now, this one is a matter of talent. It's easy to use this on the upper lip, sideburns, chin hair, and unibrow. However, I also use it to shape my eyebrows. This takes A LOT of practice to do, so it's best to stick to your preferred method of hair removal. Although, if you have good precision, this is great. Your face will feel baby soft. And, there's no pain! You've got the best of both worlds. TIP: If you have coarse hair, you'll need to leave it on longer than others. I suggest watching TV. Apply during a commercial break, leave it on during the show, and then take it off during the next commercial break.

So, this is my list of beauty products I like. And everyone should try. Just sayin', bro. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.