Saturday, March 8, 2014

That Day, Five Years Ago

And on that day, humanity received a grim reminder...

Oh wait. Wrong event.

So, what exactly am I talking about? The day that I made a life-changing (ish) decision. The day this blog began: February 24, 2009!

Can you believe it's been half a decade? You probably haven't been reading this blog that long. But, once again, this date sneaks up on me, and I am forced to think about how far I've come. But before that, let's get one thing out of the way.

Can you believe 2009 was five years ago? I always thought of it as like, two years ago. But no. It's been five years.

(Insert typical growth statement here) When this blog began, I was ten years old and in the fifth grade. I didn't know what I wanted to write about yet (and I still don't). I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up-- I thought I wanted to be an author, but as I age, I realize maybe journalism and creative writing, as a career, aren't for me. Even though I think I want to go into the performing arts, that could change.

As a celebration of the five years that have passed, here are 25 facts about my journey so far.

1. I was born near Salt Lake City.
2. I have lived in my current home for nearly eleven years now.
3. I was never a flower girl as a young child, and have never been a bridesmaid, either.
4. I was homeschooled up until eighth grade.
5. I used to participate in cheerleading, gymnastics, soccer, and volleyball.
6. An old dream of mine was to join the U.S. Olympic gymnastics team.
7. I have a severe vitamin D deficiency.
8. My favorite Disney movie has been Tarzan for basically my whole life.
9. Unlike most teenagers, I actually don't like to use my phone.
10. I am a schediaphile, meaning I am attracted to animated characters.
11. Idina Menzel and Heather Headley are my role models.
12. The first Broadway musical I saw was Wicked.
13. I have this newfound obsession with anime/manga/Japan in general and it's scaring me.
14. I am putting my best efforts toward a scholarship to attend Northwestern University.
15. Currently, my favorite songs are "Daisy" by Stereo Dive Foundation and "When You Believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
16. I am a very big Teen Titans fan-- I have read some of the New Teen Titans comics and I have watched the entire animated show, and I have a shirt, and I'm married to Dick, and I have a DVD.
17. Between Wicked and Frozen soundtracks, I'm always singing.
18. I love to Disneybound. I plan on Disneybounding Elsa and Merida this year.
19. Outside of showtunes and Asian music, I enjoy rap music. Don't judge.
20. The names I have in mind for my future children are Eren, Levi, Petra, Krista, and Sasha.
21. I am currently reading the novel (you guessed it) Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire.
22. If I watch a show or read a book in which I can relate to pretty much all the characters, you can guarantee I will fall in love. That's probably why I love Free!-- Miss Amakata Miho and I both quote things that don't make sense to other people, Rei and I both can't swim and are perfectionists, Gou and I are both kinda boy crazy, and so on.
23. I'm not really looking for love right now. If someone ever likes me, then so be it. If not, then so be it. Until then, I just need to focus on what matters most to me: my family/friends, academics, and my career.
24. I am launching a business this year. Check it out here. I also won first place in my division at a cake competition.
25. It's easy for me to lose hope, despite my name. However, "when I call on Jesus, all things are possible."

Welp, that's the journey so far. Full of tiny little events. Wonder what else will happen in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.