Sunday, March 16, 2014

7 More Japanese Songs That Should Be Available in the West

This is a continuation of my previous post on this topic, including songs from Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and Kyoukai no Kanata.

14. "Scramble" by Yui Horie for School Rumble.
I cannot listen to this song without grinning like an idiot and yelling, "Guruguru mawaru! Gurugu mawaru! Guruguru mawaru! Gurugu mawaru!" I don't know the rest of the lyrics, but I know that part. And, isn't Yui Horie just adorable? Like, seriously. Too bad this song isn't on iTunes... I'd buy it. I've had this song on repeat for like, three weeks... oh wait. I've just been watching the entire first season of the show, which is really kind of amazing. All of the characters are so relatable, but I'm probably most like Mikoto (with bits of Tenma's personality). Just... watch the show, okay?

15. "Onno no Ko Otoko no Ko" from School Rumble.
This song was perfect before I knew the lyrics, and it's even more perfect now that I do know the lyrics. It kinda bashes men, though... sorry, guys. I still think it's kinda funny, though. 

16. "Asterisk" by Orange Range for Bleach.
Does this song bring back any memories for people who used to watch this show back in '06? Well, I just got into Bleach... I'm on the nineteenth book and the fifth episode or so. So yeah... I've got a long way to go. The second the first episode started, I knew I would love this song. I especially love the bridge and the key change that comes after.

17. "Funny Group" from Free!
This is another song that makes me feel like a giddy schoolgirl skipping through the halls. I can't really describe it... it's one of those songs that just makes you stuff a pillow into your face and grin like an idiot. Well, at least that's the situation for me.

18. "Great Nostalgia" from Free!
This song lives up to its name. Like, this song is what this anime is about. Really. It's basically just an anime about friendship, and I feel like this song captures it well. I don't know how, but it does.

19. "Woe is Me" from Free!
The best song to listen to when you find out you failed that so-called "easy" geometry test.

20. "Sayonara" by Puffy AmiYumi.
I originally wanted to post about their song "Thank You," but this one is good, too. It's one of those songs you could listen to on a ride home after a long day at work/school, and could still make you smile (just like "Daisy").

OH! By the way, "Guren no Yumiya" (the opening 1 from Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan IS available on iTunes! It is by Linked Horizon, so go check it out.


I'm out, chickadees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.