Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's the Little Things.

I was having a... ahem... very crappy day today before first period started. Even before first period. It's the seemingly little things that ruin my day... what do you call it, peevish? Yup. Story of my life.

In first period (Language Arts), we were taking a test. I sit next to two of the most hilarious people at my school, coincidentally. The guy sitting next to me randomly started kinda singing these things to me (not too flattered... he picks a girl to do this to every day and today I was the victim)...

"Baby, look at those freckles..."
"Baby, look at your hair..."
"Baby, you're black and I'm black (he's NOT black)..."
"We gon' have fifteen kids..."
"You're wearing a blue and white ribbon. Just like my heart."
"What's that sound? Oh! It's my heart."
"I make them other white boys look white because I'm black... (I'm telling you, he's seriously not black)"

And my personal least favorite:

"You bring HOPE to me!"

It brightened my day, definitely. It's the little things that make me laugh, and laughter changes everything. Except for this...

"Baby, give me a kiss..."

WHOAAAAA, boy. Too far, LoL.

I seriously think humor is some kind of God-given gift or something. Everyone has it in them, but few choose to use it. This kid used it to brighten my day, and he didn't even know I was having a bad day!

I like to use humor that way, too. I'm that awkward friend that doesn't know what to say when their friend is upset, so I crack as many jokes as possible just to get a laugh out of them (usually I'll start singing a Disney song or something).

Laughter makes the difference, guys...


 

 ...See?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.