Monday, August 13, 2012

Music for Back-to-School

School starts this week on Thursday (sigh). As much as this summer bored me, I'm gonna miss it and Louisville.

Sorry about my last post by the way. I was using a computer in the Exhibit Hall and my youth group wanted to go somewhere. And as I mentioned, I didn't get a callback (but come on. Was I really even expecting one?). There are hundreds of Pentecostal female vocalists in the United States. I'm so proud of myself and my group for making it up to this level--- going against the best AG talents in the entire USA. Representing Ohio was pretty amazing, and I can't wait to go back to Louisville in three years for a college visit! And I can't wait to go to Orlando next year for Fine Arts again if I make it for my drama, vocal solo, possible string solo based on progress, and human video (but only if I'm forced to do it--- I don't really want to and I want someone else to take my place, but Drew keeps saying "It's ministry, Hope" and it makes me all like, "GAAAAH! What should I do?") and other things.

So, I updated my iPoid for Fine Arts and here's that, plus more of my FAF and school faves!

  1. "Home" by Phillip Phillips was played during the Olympics this year. Perfect end of summer song, I know. I wish I had it when I left for Nationals, but Faith bought it while I was gone. It's time to "make this place your home" and enjoy your last few years in elementary/middle/high school/college!
  2. "Keep Your Eyes Open" by NEEDTOBREATHE. I love that southern voice this band has. Keep your eyes open, guys. Anything can happen here.
  3. "With Everything (Live)" by Hillsong UNITED is great to get you really worshipping on the weekends or to listen to on the way to school for you guys who want to be campus missionaries this year. God can do amazing things in our schools, believe me!
  4. "Moving Mountains." Jeff Deyo is a music teacher at North Central University, a school at which I know a few people that are currently attending and one that graduated from NCU's music program and is now a creative arts pastor. This guy is epic, and you can download this song free for only a limited time here.
  5. "Steady My Heart" by Kari Jobe is a great... I don't know. It answers a lot of things for me.
  6. "We Are" by Kari Jobe can really help if you feel discouraged in this whole campus missionary thing.
  7. "Find You On My Knees" by Kari Jobe. Just take a rest from homework and just worship. It will change your attitude on everything. Try it.
  8. "Love Came Down" by Kari Jobe--- sorry. I'm just really enjoying this free Kari Jobe album I got from the editor-in-chief of ONCOURSE magazine (Amber Weigand-Buckley) at a workshop in Louisville. It felt like a real college experience. The classroom feel, being in a conference theatre, taking notes, everything.
  9. "Begin Again" by Measure. This song has some amazing quotes in it--- no kidding. If you feel bullied or like you just need a second chance, this song will uplift you by a lot. "Begin again. Don't waste your time waiting for someone to tell you when... Morning still comes... Move around your furniture or put it all out on the curb and drive away to something new and watch the skyline sink behind you...  Walking out doors only works if you shut them... Quit looking backwards and know where you have been... Begin again. Don't waste your time, 'cause no one's gonna tell you when."
  10. "I am the Doctor" by Murray Gold. It will mkae you feel epic the second you walk in dat building.
  11. "Superhuman Touch" by Athlete because, well, you can stop the world with "just a wave of your hand" because you're amazing.
  12. School's not back in without "Over My Head" by The Fray. It's just not.
  13. "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry. "I wish I knew then what I know now." Totally describes how I feel about last school year.
  14. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Donny Osmond is perfect if you're tkaing gym class this year. You might also need the Gym Class Heroes to save you.
  15. "Anywhere Place" by Katie Costello. It can be hard finding your place in high school... but just know that you will.
  16. "Lay Your Head" by Athlete. Maybe this is a sign that you need to go to bed early?
  17. "Happily Ever After" by He Is We. This is what I think of seventh-grade couples. "We all wanna know how it ends."
  18. "Go to the River" by Yael Naim. Just "go, go, go, go."
  19. "Safe" by Britt Nicole. "You keep trying to get inside my head while I keep trying to lose the words you said. Can't you see I'm hanging by thread...?"
  20. Who is my vision? "You Are My Vision!" Who doesn't love Rend Collective Experiment's version of this hymn?
  21. "World News" by the Local Natives. Perfect for anger management.
  22. "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato. Don't let people tear you down, because that's fear of man. We're living for fear of God!
  23. "Don't Let it Break Your Heart," guys! However, my heart is breaking about Coldplay not playing in the London closing ceremony.
  24. "Birds" by Deas Vail. "We are all birds stuck inside our cage, covered up with praise, and behind our saints we hide our face."
  25. "Behind the Scenes" by Francesca Battistelli. "Things aren't always what they seem."
  26. "Sixteen" by Deas Vail. Makes me feel so young even though I'm not even sixteen yet!
  27. "Summer Forgets Me" by Deas Vail. Face it. Summer's over.
  28. Jesus, "let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love!" Gotta love For KING & COUNTRY. This song is totally my prayer.
  29. "Cubism Dream' by the Local Natives. Story of my non-existent love life, LoL!
  30. Show everyone that you're "Born Again" this year! "Born Again" by The Newsboys is pretty nice.
  31. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Relient K. Nuff said.
  32. "Build Your Kingdom Here" by Rend Collective Experiment. "Come set our hearts ablaze with hope."
  33. "Christ Has Set Me Free," (Rend Collective) so I want everyone to know, you know?
  34. "Don't You Know You're Beautiful" by Seabird. I have a friend who will only play this song when she has my iPod in her possession. Not Hans Zimmer, not Paramore, not Deas Vail, not Jason Walker, not Athlete. Just this song.
  35. "Echo" by Jason Walker. Hey, you. You ain't alone.
Yeah, this is what I do with my life, guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.