Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yesterday, Three Years Ago...


Three years ago, three years ago...

...THIS BLOG BEGAN! And thus, this blog began many other blogs. A gymnastics one, a 4-H one, a school one, a reporting-turned-art one that got deleted in STEM Foundations class, a pro-life one which is the newest one with the smallest amount of publicity. And I am also the newest member of the JAM Adventures blog.

This blog, and more importantly its readers, has done so much for me. The blog because without it, I wouldn't have discovered my love for writing fiction and newly I have discovered my love for poetry and songwriting. If you see my second post and then this one (I will not link to the first because it is really pitiful), there is a pretty big difference that I hope you can see. With the second post, you can pretty much infer that I was in the fifth grade and I was. Didn't know much about blogging, I just knew I wanted to do it. And that helped me improve in grammar, in which I am suffering a B in Language! Yuck! But then again, I did skip the eighth grade and move up to freshman Language in seventh grade and this year I had to go back to eighth. And how do the readers help? Whenever I'm feeling down, just in the perfect time I receive a comment from one of you, and it makes me feel suddenly much happier. I do want more followers, but I kinda like the title I have for myslef, the indie blogger.

So, here are my top 3's!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fave band
1. Deas Vail (indie rock/alternative/Christian)
2. Coldplay (alternative/pop)
3. Local Natives (indie rock/folk)

Fave solo artist
1. Taylor Swift (country/pop)
2. Katie Costello (indie pop)
3. Yael Naim (indie folk/pop)

Fave cover artist
1. Megan and Liz
2. Boyce Avenue
3. Cimorelli

Fave music genre
1. Folk
2. Alternative rock
3. Country
(I also like worship and Christian music, but that can fit in all of those categories, really.)

Fave indie rock song
1. "Monday" by The Sea and Cake
2. "Wide Eyes" by the Local Natives
3. "Life in These Little Boats" by Deas Vail

Fave indie folk song
1. "Airplanes" by the Local Natives
2. "Go to the River" by Yael Naim
3. "Come Home" by Yael Naim

Fave indie pop song
1. "Anywhere Place" by Katie Costello
2. "Oh, Imagine That" by Max and Simon
3. "Ships in the Night" by Mat Kearney

Fave alternative song
1. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
2. "Over My Head" by The Fray
3. "Dare to Believe" by Boyce Avenue

Fave country song
1. "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars (no, they're not racists)
2. "Size Matters" by Joe Nichols
3. "Best Days of Your Life" by Kellie Pickler

Fave mainstream pop song
1. "Liar Liar" by Christina Grimmie
2. "Far Away" by Tyga and Chris Richardson
3. "Old School Love" by Megan and Liz

Fave orchestra song
1. "Mombasa" by Hans Zimmer
2. "Time" by Hans Zimmer
3. "Doctor Who Opening Credits" by BBC National Orchestra of Wales and Ben Foster

Fave metal song
1. "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence
2. "Again" by Flyleaf
3. "My Heart is Broken" by Evanescence

Fave instrument
1. Acoustic guitar
2. Electric cello
3. Piano

Role model
1. Laura Blaylock (from Deas Vail)
2. Kendall Jenner (she's a Kardashian, sorry...)
3. Ann Marie Calhoun (a rock violinist who has done a performance at the Inception premiere with Hans Zimmer, Johnny Marr, and Lili Hadyn)

Hair inspiration
1. Amy Lee (from Evanescence)
2. Lili Hadyn (her hair is super curly)
3. Miley Cyrus (crappy singer, but her song "When I Look at You" is beautiful)

Fashion inspiration
1. Taylor Swift
2. Laura Blaylock
3. Liz Mace (from Megan and Liz)

Fave tele show
1. Doctor Who
2. Switched at Birth
3. The Lying Game, I guess

Fave movie
1. The Help
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Disney/Walden)
3. Inception

Fave book
1. "Beatle Meets Destiny" by Gabrielle Williams
2. "The Harvest of Grace" (reviewed but I don't feel like posting a link) by Cindy Woodsmall
3. "Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard

Fave blog
1. Timmerie's Blog
2. Drew's Blog
3. Mid-Morning Sunset

Fave blog of mine
1. This one:)
2. Gymnastics IS Life
3. Eighth Graders Anonymous
And my newest one is my pro-life blog, Life in Technicolor!

My main talents
1. Writing short stories and novels.
2. Music, which would be Vocals/Guitar/String Bass/Piano. I've been singing for two years, playing guitar for nine months, string bass for one year (very small amount of practice though), piano for four years however I am just now working on chords.
3. Collaging. If that's how you spell it. I put magazine papers on EVERYTHING--- I have a composition notebook that has a whole bunch of stuff on the out and inside covers, plus my wall if full of posters, all perfectly aligned with each other, I try to make them perfectly straight, and not one poster is one hundred percent next to the other. Can't wait for freshman art class this year!

My fun facts
1. I am supposedly in the seventh grade
2. I am thirteen years old and 5'9" and the second or third tallest girl in my class
3. I was a cheerleader for three years and the best tumbler on my squad. I'm also a former gymnast. I miss gymnastics soooo much. So now I do human videos and I still get to spot and base stunts.

My aspirations
1. Be a famous journalist and novelist
2. A member of an indie rock or folk band, preferably as the guitarist or lead vocalist
3. Be a pastor's wife!!! I know for sure that's on my list... prayed about it at Ohio Youth Convention 2011!

If you know me, you know...
1. I love Jesus with all my heart and will give up ANYTHING for Him. "I wanna live, but I would die for You." -Fireflight
2. I have gone through a few things in the past, but I have learned to give it all a 'whatever' and move on
3. I write because I want everyone to have the chance to be as happy in life as I am!
~~~~~~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Y.B.M.L.a.Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.