Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Been Four Years... What's Changed?

I had to interrupt my The Lion King series for this post because I have been putting this off for too long. This post was supposed to come to you on February 24th, but... as you can see, that didn't exactly happen...

What's so special about February 24th? "Let Clopin tell you about the tale of a man... and the monster!" Okay, no. The tale of a fifth-grader... and Blogspot.

I was obsessed with writing. I also was into creating my own website. I was ten years old, what was I gonna do with my life? I was reading a blog one day and was like, "What the heck, I'll make one of my own." So I did. And that day was known as 2/24/09. That day was a little more than four years ago. You can just look back at that first post and you will see typical fifth-grader writing. It was terrible! But there was a passion in it that mattered more than the quality. That is what drove me to get better at it.

So where am I now, nearly half a decade later? I am a freshman in high school and fourteen years old. I have made several blogs connected to this one. I have finished writing six novels. I probably won't publish any of them like I had originally dreamed of. But whatever. I've got a music career to focus on now, I guess. That's another thing that's changed. I'm a musician now. I own two guitars now, a violin and autoharp. Others, too, but these are instruments that are exclusively mine, not the whole family's.

These are a few changes I've made. Another fun way to document changes every year? A tradition of mine has been questionaires, asking me about my favorite music, movies, etc. Let the fun begin.

Favorite movie company
1. Walt Disney
2. DreamWorks
3. Pixar
4. Walden Media

Favorite movie
1. The Lion King
2. Prince Caspian (Disney/Walden)
3. What Happens in Vegas
4. Tarzan

Favorite animated boy
1. Simba
2. Kovu
3. Flynn/Eugene (even though "Tangled" is CGI and I have never actually seen it)
4. The Tramp (I know he's a dog, but... woo!)
And I must add a fifth, even though this blog isn't five years old yet... ALADDIN!

Favorite animated female
1. Nala
2. Megara
3. Jane
4. Jasmine

Top OTP
1. Simba and Nala, king and queen of Pride Rock
2. Rory and Amy Williams (or, Pond)
3. Tarzan and Jane Porter
4. Emma and Thayer (The Lying Game)

Favorite soundtrack song
1. "He Lives In You" by Lebo M (I also like the Broadway versions, including "They Live In You")
2. "A Girl Worth Fighting For" from Mulan
3. "Go the Distance" by Roger Bart
4. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"

Favorite Broadway-style song
1. "The Madness of King Scar"
2. "Shadowland"
3. "Endless Night"
4. "Strangers Like Me" (Broadway version)

Favorite chorus song
1. "The Bells of Notre Dame"
2. "Grasslands Chant"
3. "One By One"
4. "Busa"

Favorite singer-songwriter
1. Kiersten Holine
2. Sally Dworksy
3. Amy Stroup
4. Andrew Belle

Favorite Disney song overall
1. "Two Worlds" by Phil Collins
2. "A Girl Worth Fighting For" from Mulan
3. "Circle of Life" by Carmen Twillie and Lebo M
4. "Colors of the Wind" by Judy Kuhn

Favorite band
1. Athlete
2. Local Natives
3. Barcelona
4. Measure

Songs that I was pretty much raised by
1. "I Want it That Way" by Backstreet Boys
2. "100 Years" by Five For Fighting
3. "I Don't Want to Be" by Gavin DeGraw
4. "You'll Be In My Heart (Phil Version)" by Phil Collins
And, I must add "Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton.

Favorite TV shows
1. The Walking Dead
2. Pretty Little Liars
3. The Lying Game
4. Switched at Birth

Favorite school subjects
1. U.S. History
2. Chinese (I'll be in DEP Mandarin next year)
3. Language Arts
4. Art

Dream colleges/universities/internships
1. Disney College Program
2. North Central University
3. Evangel University
4. University of Louisville

Dream jobs that I have a chance of getting
1. News reporter
2. Published non-fiction author
3. Signed musician
4. High school English teacher

Dream jobs that I am less likely to get (but will still try)
1. Voice actress
2. Broadway actress (I want to play Nala!)
3. News reporter for NBC World News
4. Disney face character (I don't noticeably resemble any Disney women due to my weird complexion, but I very loosely resemble Jasmine, Tiana, Pocahontas, and Esmeralda)

Favorite girls' names
1. Nala, meaning "gift"
2. Kiara
3. Aurora
4. Phoebe

Favorite boys' names
1. Aden
2. Jason
3. Joseph
4. Dwayne

Favorite sports
1. Artistic gymnastics
2. Cheerleading
3. Volleyball
4. Diving

Favorite places
1. Louisville, Kentucky
2. Anywhere in Africa, particularly Kenya or South Africa
3. Anywhere in the Southwest
4. New York City

Favorite sayings
1. Keep moving forward.
2. Just keep swimming.
3. What happened yesterday is done. Today is your chance to make things better, and it's your decision to take it. (I made that one up!)
4. Hakuna matata!

These are a few of my favorite things as of 2013, my freshman year of high school!

2 comments:

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.