Monday, November 5, 2012

A Prayer for the Voters of Today and Tomorrow

Tuesday, November 6.

The most important day of 2012. This has been such an inspiring, important year. London Olympics, Louisville Fine Arts Festival, and a year of personal change for me.

Change has always been a word I've feared. I've never really liked it for the most part. I hate meeting a friend I used to know and love a few years later to see that they're not even close to the same. I hate having to learn things the hard way. I hate how my friends are constantly leaving.

This may be a year of change. Hopefully more of a change than President Barack Obama promised us back in 2008. I really wish I could vote during this election, because it means so much to me. But because my eighteenth birthday takes place in the middle of my college freshman year in 2016 at the end of November, I can't vote for presidential elections until 2020, along with the current nine-year-old. I will be twenty-one then.

My prayer is that tomorrow, Christians will really step out and vote. That they will vote for the most pro-life, the most pro-traditional marriage, the most pro-religious rights candidate possible.

I know, I know. I may as well have said "Vote for Romney," huh? Well, I won't. I'll leave it up to you who you want to vote for.

But pray to the Lord who watches over our nation about who He wants you to vote for. Because whether you like it or not...

We are one nation under God. United we stand on November 6, 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.